Do i need a license to put this stuff dowm for moles?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by 2 clowns mowing, Apr 3, 2006.

1. 2 clowns mowing

2 clowns mowing LawnSite Senior Member

First of all i live in ohio, i'm spreading Mole-out mole repelling granules made by Dr t's nature products. it's designed to make the ground taste bad and the moles move away or over to the neighbor's. Can i spread this on my customers property's with out a license?:confused:

2. Xterminator

Xterminator LawnSite Senior Member

I am not sure about Ohio in TN you cant

3. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

Michigan considers it a part of turf pest control, without turf cert it would fall under vertibrate pest. either way, as far as I know if you use a poison, no you can't , trapping, yes you Probably can do that. touchy area, call your local dept. of ag. and ask.

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Dr. T's" nature products??? Doh!! Why didn't I think of that??? :rolleyes:

I think the answer in your state is no. It is a pesticide.

5. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

have you looked into Talpirid....its taking my market by storm as the best product on the market for mole control...As posted earlier: in michigan it does fall under your 3A cert....for now at least

6. gqnine44

gqnine44 LawnSite Senior Member

Just trap them... its easier, yeilds far better results, and you dont need a license.

7. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

how do you trap a mole? just wondering...

8. 2 clowns mowing

2 clowns mowing LawnSite Senior Member

you sneek up on them:laugh:

9. Xterminator

Xterminator LawnSite Senior Member

In TN I believe you have to trap them alive or at least w/ squirrels and Racoons you have to have a live trap. If you are doing it for hire. Be Careful

10. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

You have to trap MOLES live ?? Don't tell me you have to trap Mice live also?? I really doubt that. But considering some of the crazy laws states have, maybe I shouldn't be surprised.

The "spike" traps work well, but they take a lot of effort since you have to find the active tunnels and move the traps around the yard as the moles move to different areas.