Do I need a liscence?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by allstarlawncareGA, Sep 16, 2005.

1. allstarlawncareGA

allstarlawncareGA LawnSite Member

Hello again everybody, and thank you for all your help. Now, do I need a liscense to cut yards? I dont plan on doing any commercial for a while, so it will be all be residential yards. I will be in the state of Georgia. Thank you
  2. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

In the county i live Catoosa county Georgia you are not required to get a business license.
  3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Chapter 19, Article III
    Sec. 19-38. Permit required.
    Any person or firm who engages in the selling of, attempting to sell, or providing of any service or product or advice by means of direct personal solicitation at any residence or business located in Catoosa County shall first obtain a permit from the county.
    (Ord. of 7-6-04, § 1)

So, direct personal solicitation COULD mean flyers and certainly going door-to-door but I did not see anything related to what you're asking... Still you better check with a reliable source, maybe run over to the courthouse and ask the county clerk, and the other guy better check, too.
  4. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

Yes I do know you don't need a lic. in my country.
  5. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

do a google search for your state and county, you may or may not need one.... but you do need insurance....

you want to be a legitamate business person to get things going right, so just check with your local authorities...