Do I need a website?

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by HazellLawnCare, Jan 14, 2008.

1. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I have been considering having a website made but I'm not sure if I will benefit from it or not. Those of you with the pages do you think they have helped your business?

When I do decide to start a page where do I begin?

2. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

My website has helped me. I have had customers tell me that they looked at the site and used it as one of their selection criteria to pick me.

3. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

Hazell, Im in the middle of building mine right now. First thing you need to do is secure your domain name.

I dont know jack about building a website so I enlisted help from a friend of my wife and I would suggest you do the same. I thought I could handle it by myself but its hard work.

The reason I did it is because its more advertising and a potential client can go to the website, see what I have to offer and decide to call me or not. Saves both of us time.

Mine will be up soon and Ill be posting a link to it.

4. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

I used Yahoo's Sitebuilder to make mine... www.10elawncare.com i get emails everynow and then, just never lead into any jobs. most of the time they are out of my service area.

5. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Websites are extremely effective if you are willing to put a lot of time and money into advertising and optimizing it. Consider a website a new location that must be advertised or no one will come in. That is where the REAL expenses come in.

I certainly can't complain about results from our websites though. They have produced 60% of our revenue in the past 20 months. Just don't go throwing up some Yahoo Site Builder or GeoCities crap. Your customers are probably familiar with web surfing and can see the lack of effort in a poor website with nothing to offer.

6. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

YES you do

7. HazellLawnCare

southerngreenscapes can i see yours?

8. HazellLawnCare

Ok I just got a quote from someone who is good with this kind of stuff. He says a 5 page site is around $350 to set up and then $100 a year to keep it up for me. How does this sound?

9. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

I will tell you this. It cost me $35.00 to secure the domain name. I found out that you can do it for a lot cheaper if you do it yourself. Go to godaddy.com and reserve it for a few bucks.

My site is going to be 5 pages also and its going to be around $10.00 a month.

A friend of my wifes is going to design it for me for nothing so I really cant comment on how much it is to design.

10. LonniesLawns

LonniesLawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from KS

Just remember you get what you pay for