Do I really need...

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Icemanku, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Icemanku

Icemanku LawnSite Member

a website for my business?
  2. jdmcat

jdmcat LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

simple answer is no. i however do have one so when people see the website on my truck they can go there to learn about what i can do for them before they call. they can even request an estimate via email or pay their bill. it's just another form of advertising as far as i'm concerned.

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I you don't need one. Like was said above its advertising and I think it gives you a professional image. I have one and can't wait to add to it and slap it all over my truck.
  4. fertguy2008

fertguy2008 LawnSite Member

If you do decide to go with one, plug the name every where you can and make sure your provider is kept up with current photos and addtions to the services you offer. I've seen people leave their websites alone for a long period of time, work photos from five years ago (and now they do more elaborate work and no photos of it on their site), adding services to their business such as irrigation, tree removal, pavers, walls; and their web site still advertising maintenance and fertilization only.
  5. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

I would say you do need a website. It is another piece of your marketing. Anyone who says you don't need it probably doesn't know your customer.

SILVERSTREAK INC LawnSite Senior Member

i did mine up myself and it shows hahaha.....making a website should be left to the pros, im pretty decent with a computer but this was tricky i gotta say, they dont really have any "ladscape company" templates, i prolly have about 15 hours into this one, but definaltely need to take more time, which is perfect for messin around with this time of year

i used, its hosted for 3 years for like 170 bucks if i remember right
  7. qwerty

qwerty LawnSite Member

I agree with echeandia. You do need a site. Your clients and prospects are internet savvy. They are also hungry for instant information. When they go online to find information (not if they go online) about tree care services in their area or lawn maintenance companies for their grandmothers you will need to be present to sell your services. While having a website doesn’t guarantee internet success, it is a cost-effective step in your marketing plan. Customers and prospects can find your site and get the information and interaction they are looking for twenty-four hours a day. It’s hard to find a sales rep. to do that for you at the price of a website.

Now, the caveat is that the internet is 90% terrible, amateurish, non user-friendly, non SEO fiendly trash.

You should have a website, and you should work at making it a part of your "electronic landscape" if you will. Put effort into it, build and continue to update it, and it will reinforce your brand image.

Just as your work says something about your company, your appearance, your invoices, your fliers, business cards, yellow page ads, and your website all say something about your business. It can be a powerful and cost-effective tool to communicate with clients and prospects. It just takes a little effort (maybe a lot of effort) and creativity.

Without an electronic storefront, you are just giving money and opportunities to other businesses.
  8. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

There are very few LCO web sites in my area. I plan on using this to my advantage. Many people check their email daily, Google etc. My flyers, door hangers, post cards, newspaper ads, estimate sheet etc. will all have my web address. payup
  9. jiggz

jiggz LawnSite Senior Member
    from jerz

most people could care less.... THE AVERAGE CUSTOMER-- I worked all day, I wanna come home. eat some good dinner watch some Tv, screw my wife and go to bed.. and in between all of that I would not like to cut my grass..

if people think you really need a website, your idiots! and i ask you not get mad at me

HIGH FIVE an being an EAGLES FAN!!!!!!!
  10. Sunstate Lawn

Sunstate Lawn LawnSite Member

I can promise you that any commercial or HOA minded contract is going to visit websites online. I don't know much about residential, but if you have any plans of going commercial, you need to compete with the big boys, and you'll need a website.