Do magnetic vehicle signs work?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by copperuger, Feb 24, 2002.

1. copperuger

copperuger LawnSite Member

Just picked up a couple of magnetic signs with my logo and number on the side. Do these actually work...I figure it will help when I am actually working in the yards working. People will see the signs on the truck and stop, hopefully! Anyone ever get any business from this form of advertising?

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

advertising on a truck is a great way to get your name out there. if you make a professional sign, it makes you look real professional. my father owns a touchless car wash, and over the years working for him, the magnetic signs have added up that we've found in the bay lol. just make sure to take them off when you go through a wash.

3. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Yes, you will get people approach you asking about your services.
    It's not always the best form of advertising though, because sometimes the job that the person wants done is not one that you would like to do. ex: Their property is located in an area that you don't want to service.

With magnetic signs or truck lettering you can't target the specific lawns that you want. But it does get your name out there.
    And in the beginning I do think that is very important.

4. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I've had magnetic signs on my truck for 3 yrs now. They have brought a fair share of work. My best work though, has come from word of mouth. I had my signs made up professionally. I think they cost about $50.00. All in all I feel it was a good investment.

5. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Ive never been able to pull a trailer at speeds that caused the signs to fly off the truck -LOL!!!

Will they add a touch of professionalism to your outfit -yes.

What I did with mine was took them off nightly and dried off the underside with a soft towel so it didnt inhibit the rusting process. Nothing worse than to see a guy take his signs off halfway thru a season and theres small rust spots from improper care.

6. Nelson

Nelson LawnSite Senior Member

Copper,

I purchased some magnetic signs the other day also.

I was going to post the same question, but you beat me
    to it.

So far it seems that they do well.:cool:

7. juststarting023

juststarting023 LawnSite Member

picked mine up the other day also, i think they look great on my truck!!!!!! another lco told me to get them and i did $60.00 not to bad for the money just want my name out there.....:D :D :D

8. kroll

kroll LawnSite Member

I paid $90.00 for mine life's not fair.

9. 1stclasslawns

1stclasslawns LawnSite Senior Member

Put signs on the side of the trailer to avoid the rust monster.

If you do put them on your truck be sure and wax the place where you put the sign. It will help to prevent the rust.

Jim

10. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

where do you get the magnetic signs???