Do mechanical problems drive you CRAZY?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by kidnoslo, Nov 10, 2006.

1. kidnoslo

kidnoslo LawnSite Member

I am just starting out in the small engine repair business. I have thirty plus years in the automotive industry. Do you have to pay more when you need something repaired fast? Do you get a discount for repeat business? Do you receive priority status when you have a problem? Do you get free advise over the phone when you need it? What would you like to see in your small engine shop? I need your help to get my business off to a good start. Thanks, Dick Olson, Clean Machines.

2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

have every part, for every lawn mower. in stock. that'd be something the day you bring something to be fixed and they DONT need to order a part.

3. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Commercial customers ALWAYS come first whether it be sales or service. If I walk in the door with a broken machine, drop what your working on a fix mine. Unless you already are working on another commercial machine.

Pay more for fast repair? No but a fast repair will earn you my business.

Free advice over the phone, sure if it is basic stuff but not if they want you to walk through rebuilding an engine or something like that.

4. IRRITECH

IRRITECH LawnSite Senior Member

As a commercial customer my mechanic will usually turn my stuff in 24hrs. Discount? I guess that depends, no I don't pay what the average homeowner pays. Yes I get all the advice i need over the phone. Crew blew a belt on our new 48 a couple of weeks ago, I wasn't around but I called Dave ( my mech) and he faxed a parts view to my house immediately. Crew picked it up and on they went. I don't expect something for nothing but when equipment goes down I need it back up quick. My mechs do that for me.