Do not buy packem racks!

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by J&A Lawn Care, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

2. Greg78

If you wanted to cut on your new rack the following photo shows you where you need to cut out metal to get latch to open up all the way. Photo is my TG2000 rack that I started using in 2008 and still in use today as seen in photo. Note I did not have to cut on my rack this is how it came.

3. Greg78

Shows TG2000 open.

4. Holland

Holland LawnSite Senior Member

I need some racks for my trailer and don't want to spend a lot of cash. So the tg2000 is a good choice? No spinning around etc?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. Greg78

Mine don't spin unless I really jolt the trailer around. I've seen others wrap the latch with tape like J&A Lawn Care did and that really locks them in.
  6. J&A Lawn Care

J&A Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

My problem has be resolved and I have a set of those racks also and had a problem with mine spinning so as you can see on the 1st page of pictures I took some clack tape and wrapped around the rack that closes on the handle and it want budge now
  7. Greg78

So how was your problem resolved?
  8. jdo150

jdo150 LawnSite Member

I have rackem racks I just alternate the trimmers so middle one is the opposite of the top and bottom and then they come out easy
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. jones68

jones68 LawnSite Senior Member

Installed the xtreme trimmer rack didn't get to the blower racks today... Easy install very well built and strong easy to use... I will try and get some pictures up over the weekend
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. NLCofColorado

NLCofColorado LawnSite Member

Its really not that hard to fix. Just cut the metal where the hinge hits. Does anyone even use those locks that come with it lol

wow those TG2000 are Cheap. Would of bought those if i saw them before