1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Do Not Call List for Cell Phones now

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by BSDeality, Jan 22, 2007.

1. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

I received this from my Chamber of Commerce in an email today. Just figured I'd pass it along to save everyone the headaches and possible billed minutes.

JUST A REMINDER....8 days from today, all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sales calls. YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS.... To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone: 888-382-1222. It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of your time. It blocks your number for five (5) years. HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS OR GO TO: http://www.donotcall.gov
  2. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

3. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

yeah.....mine have been on the list for quite a while.....but thanks......
  4. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the info
  5. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

Just another reminder. Business numbers are not eligible for the donotcall.gov. So don't get upset if you list your business numbers on it and companies still call. Don't get upset if you advertise your cell phone number in a business ad and start receiving business telemarketing calls on that number.
  6. Allure

Allure LawnSite Senior Member

7. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

i see says the blind man. Either way its cheap insurance to go on the DNC website and register a cell phone.
  8. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member