Do Not Mow In Sun Light !!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sandgropher, Jul 3, 2006.

1. Sandgropher

Sandgropher LawnSite Senior Member

A recent report by the CSIRO division of atmospheric reseach and enery technology found that when grass is mowed, it increases the production of chemicals classed as volitile organic compounds (vocs) by 100 times. :dizzy:

The chemicals known as hexenyl compounds , are harmless to humans on their own but become photochemically active when they react with heat and sunlight. :dizzy:

They combine with oxides of nitrogen from cars and industry and create what is commonly known as photochemical smog. :dizzy:

Ozone , which is the main component of smog can be harmful to humans and has been linked to Asthma and deaths from respiratory illness. :dizzy: :cry:

Grass responds to an injury when mowed and produces massive amounts of the chemicals, up to 100 times more than usual as a defense mechanism.:cry:

An EPA spokes person says "it renforces the importance of controls on air pollution that we can control."

So please remember not to mow when their is sun light or heat about.:)

Walmart are now taking applications for employment..........:waving:

I hope changing your schedule to night mowing will give you more time to spend with the family. :) :usflag:

2. 29 Palms Property Management

29 Palms Property Management LawnSite Senior Member

"Good afternoon! Welcome to Walmart! Get your **** and get the **** out!"
    I've been practicing all weekend. I think I've got it!

3. Sandgropher

I should point out some turf farms have jumped on this information so they can sell their slower growing varieties, i wonder when lawn mowing will be banned, or if we will have to rip out fast growing varieties and replace with slowing growing turf.

Maybe govts will put a high levy on fast growing turf to get people to buy slower varieties.payup payup payup

I guess some one soon will come up with a new , cheap spray that will slow the growth down on lawns so it only needs cutting once every 6 months, govts will prob subsidize the cost making it cheaper.

Who likes working at Walmart ???

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

IF you're not cutting in the sunlight, when would you cut? :cry:

If you think this is so funny because it affects the business, what about the homeowner?

If anyone thinks I even pay attention to this kind of horse manure, they are sadly mistaken. Humans have been cutting grass for thousands of years in the light of day, if you wish to reduce pollution, stop driving.

5. Sandgropher

Sounds like the best time to mow is when raining/night time or when the sun is behind the clouds(shut down as soon as comes out again):laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The green house people take it seroiusly, save our ozone layer etc.

6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Well ok, I know what you mean.

7. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: THAT'S GREAT!!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

you almost made me spit up my dr. pepper:drinkup:

8. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

ok i gotta go guys i have to go put lights on all the mowers so we can mow between the hours of 12am to 5am to make the epa happy

9. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Im sure right after the epa ****** said this he jumped into his gas hog SUV and drove away.

Good one 29 palms :laugh:

10. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

And I'm sure everybody's customers will be real happy when you fire up a 25 horse kawi motor outside their bedroom window at 3 am!!!