1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

do or not ???

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by fyshstykr, Feb 24, 2006.

1. fyshstykr

fyshstykr LawnSite Member
    from zone 99

I am not yet state certified and do not plan to be until next year, but I know I can legally put down just fertilizer, would a person dare put down a "customer supplied" fert w/pesticide
    or pre-emergent or anything like this ?
    just a curiosity question ?
  2. coyoteman

coyoteman LawnSite Member

Are you kidding?? I believe this site is for professionals.
  3. fyshstykr

from zone 99

sorry, I was just asking a question, if I am out of line to ask then I do apologize, but you don't need to be a "jerk".
    so please have a great day "coyoteman.
  4. jim163

jim163 LawnSite Member

fines are up to 10,000 per house, and the DEC can follow and bang you as hard as they want. If you can make enough money to pay the fines do it.
  5. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

Why wait until next year?
  6. fyshstykr

from zone 99

thanks Jim that is the kind of answer I was looking for, and thanks for not being demeaning and disrespectful to another lawnsite member. thanks again.
  7. fyshstykr

from zone 99

I got a late start on the books, and with trying to get all my ducks in a row on getting this business going I just have not had the time.
  8. tjgray

tjgray LawnSite Senior Member

Fysh I realize you have no clue and really meant no harm with what you thought a simple question, but if you take any time to read a few of the threads posted here then perhaps you could understand that your question was every bit as demeaning and dis-respectful towards many here as you accuse coyoteman of being to you.

Like I said read a bit you will quickly get to know how most here feel about illegal applicators :nono:
  9. fyshstykr

from zone 99

Tara, I am sorry if I have offended you or anyone else on here, please remember I am a relatively new person on here and am just looking for information from the people that know. I thought this website was designed for doing just that.
    Maybe I should have put more thought into the wording of my question, what I meant was: if a customer asked you to put down a" bag or 2" of pre-emergent or grub killer that they already have, ( I know Illegal is Illegal). But If the home owner can do it on his own property himself legally and I can do it on my property and not break any laws, then what is the difference ? It's not that I plan on doing this, or being an illegal applicator as I will pursue being certified next off season.
    As for coyoteman, I didn't "accuse" him of being demeaning or disrespectful, I believe most anyone would think he was in the way he posted his response to my question, just my opinion I could be wrong.
    thank you for the response Tara.:) :)
  10. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Hey Fysh, I hope that this helps. The difference is that you are a contractor for hire. It does not matter who purchases the product. If it is not your property then you can get zapped. Yes, you are correct that you can apply fert. IMO I would not do it. You would have to be doing a good deal of biz to make it worth your wild in case you got busted. In addition, it is just not a good business practice. Again, this is JMO take it for what it is worth.:)