Do Paver Manufacturers Spawn Incompetent?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by DVS Hardscaper, Jan 16, 2014.

1. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Well, do they?

Has anyone ever given this any second thought?

My guess - probably not. But of course.....I have.

It's winter, right? All these e-mails comin in from about 4 different paver manufacturers nearly every day. Nearly all the e-mails say the same thing:

"Dear Andrew Hardscape,

Come to our seminar and learn how to estimate"
    Great, lets help create even more low ballers that don't have any business messing with excavation and compaction. If you don't know how to estimate - then what makes you think you have a shot at making it in this industry??

"Come to our seminar and see the pavers"
    I have seen pavers in my sleep. I haven't laid a finger on a paver in ten years, why would I want to see them? There is nothing exciting about seeing pavers, even if they're new. Does a tire dealer get excited to go see new tires?

"Come to our seminar and learn how to build a retaining wall"
    So all Cooter has to do is attend a 20 minute demonstration on building walls and he's earned the right to put a magnetic sign on his F250 with the cool smelling exhaust.

"Come to our seminar and learn how to market your business"
    This is just what I want, for my competitors to get insight on how to get their name out there. I wonder how many seminars the owner of Outback Steakhouse had to attend to get it right?

"Come to our seminar for a FREE lunch"!
    Hot Diggity, now We're talking, Que Que Que!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  2. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

And here i am over here thinking I'm special and awesome and the only one gettin these invites...
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

sounds like you're about ready to retire and open a cupcake bakery :laugh:

4. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

I actually look forward to going to the seminars, last year there were over 400 people in the techo seminar room. Great meeting place, great recruiting place. Just nice to see my competition without brick dust all over their face.

5. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

I will go anywhere, I will do anything, basically travel to hell and back........ Just for one minute with the one, the only ....... PAVER PETE!!!!!!!

I heard at last years Techo seminar he actually ripped a piece off of his sweaty knee pads and gave it to this guy Freddy from "Hard Bodies Hard-Scaping." If anybody has his autograph, I will pay whatever you want for it. I would go to a seminar and ask him in person but I would be waaaaaay too nervous. I heard that Paver Pete has built 75,126 walls and 56,487 patios. That is sooooo Awesome and I am currently in the process of growing my beard to look just like his.

6. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

I heard he is the last remaining descendant of willy mays.
    He is...
    The most interesting spokesman in the world
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Growing your beard or do you mean growing your ego?

8. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

While I am most certainly not a "truther," I do enjoy the occasional conspiracy theory and RJ hit the nail on the head. Techo bloc is really just big pieces of OxiClean made to look like stone. Don't believe me? Go throw a block in your washing machine and see what happens!

9. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

*trucewhiteflag*

10. HHlandscaping

HHlandscaping LawnSite Member

So your not going this year ???