do postcards work?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by grass disaster, Jan 10, 2011.

1. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

i was thinking of doing some post cards with a coupon with like $10 first mow on them.

maybe send to 200 homes.

i was thinking about door hangers too but never seem to want to walk around town.

anyone have luck with post cards?

how big can a post card be to get the discounted stamp?

2. domain311

domain311 LawnSite Member

Think it depends on a lot of different variables...but we are trying it this year. Doing around 4500 houses 3x. First will be mid February, the second mid March and the third around the same time in April. We cut it down to homes over 1mil and income over 100k.

Even if .05% we will have over 20 new accounts. If we get 5 new accounts it will be worth the expense paid.

Will report back once it starts out...

3. AA+ landscaping

AA+ landscaping LawnSite Member

They very well if you do it right. First, you must flyer the places where you already cut around. Second, you don't need to send out thousands at one time its just a waste of money. Instead just send around 500 just 4 times. The point is you what people to see your logo/name over and over again. So when they think of lawn care they think of you/your business.

4. grass disaster

anyone else?

i'm targeting a small area i was thinking of going to city hall and asking for the addresses.

the allowed dimensions for post card rates are 4.25 by 6 which isnt very big.

i wonder if i should try print my own post cards for such a small amout ...maybe 200 cards.

5. AA+ landscaping

I use zillow.com to get the addresses just put in the zip and zoom in and there you go.

6. srl28

srl28 LawnSite Bronze Member

Looked at zillow.com as we are looking to do a similar mailing and all. Question for you is how are you using zillow.com to obtain the addresses? Got some pointers for me on where to find that info there? Thanks

7. AA+ landscaping

gave me a call tomorrow around 11:00 I will walk you through it. 610 791 4118 I also have some more things that will help you out.

8. TwoBrosLawn

TwoBrosLawn LawnSite Member

would be interested in how you did that as well...i just ordered 100 post cards from vistaprint. thought i would give it a try...i found just now on zillow that you can obtain the addresses for houses just purchased, that seems like a good target market...

9. AA+ landscaping

I sent 750 4 times and got 35 lawn accounts and 4 landscape jobs. On zillow you can get the addresses from all of the houses on that street too.

10. grass disaster

i'm curious to see what your card looked like...if you care to share.