1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Do-rag or no Do-rag?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Wittapp, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Wittapp

Wittapp LawnSite Member

I sweat profusely. A ball cap does not keep the sweat out of my eyes. I have taken to wearing a do-rag under my ball cap. I have noticed some funny looks when I take my cap off. Anyone else have this problem? suggestions for alternatives are greatly appreciated.
    Dave in Dayton
  2. Blunt

Blunt LawnSite Member

I wear a sweat band. I carry several and switch them out as needed
  3. toac

toac LawnSite Senior Member

I wear a "do-rag" every day. I usually fold mine up and wear it like a head band. Still keeps the sweat out of the eyes.
  4. 44DCNF

44DCNF LawnSite Bronze Member

I wear these. Recon Wrap
    Keeps the sun off your neck (or head if you shave it), can be worn to keep dust out of your lungs during leaf clean up or especially dry periods, gives you something to wipe down with at the water cooler or spigot, wicks and evaporates the sweat away nicely so it doesn't drench your hat or run down in your eyes,and they wash and dry very quickly. Serves in the winter as a neck warmer, on the motorcycle as a helmet liner, could be used as a torniquet if needed....these things are handy.
  5. Rhinox29

Rhinox29 LawnSite Member

I wear bandanna's around my head all the time. Never had any strange looks. I just make sure I don't wear any gang colors. I get more looks from my overhauls I wear sometimes than do-rags.:laugh:
  6. Wittapp

Wittapp LawnSite Member

Thanks Guys. Guess It is time to head down to Bass Pro Shops or someplace and see what I can find.
    Dave in Dayton
  7. r8derman

r8derman LawnSite Member

I wear 'em all the time and so does my partner and we never get strange looks. Maybe you just think they are looking at you funny. If they give you a hard time tell them to get their asses out here and do this and they might wear one too.
  8. Wittapp

Wittapp LawnSite Member

I don't want them getting out there and doing this. Then they would not have to pay me to do it. :dizzy:
  9. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

I personally dont wear then, but Ive had several employees that like to. I have noticed that no one seems to notice if they wear natural colors like white/tan/green. I have definitely noticed that they get looks when they wear red. I dont let them wear unnatural colors anymore.
  10. Green Team Landscaping

Green Team Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Lol if you're white, then maybe a sweat band is more your thing. Or I suppose you could have an ice cooler with a wet cloth in there are put that on your head.