Do Signs On The Trailer Get Biz??

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by stonedawg, Jun 13, 2006.

1. stonedawg

stonedawg LawnSite Member

I have handed out an ungodly amount of fliers, most response is for 1 time mows while vacationing. I don't have a sign on my trailer or truck yet. Do you guys think that it will help or not??

2. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

a sign on your trailer is going to do as much as lettering on your truck...its advertisement

3. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes. The more professional you look the better and it sounds to me like you got a long way to go. I try never to do estimates without my truck and decals. I always park so they can see it too.

There are a lot of bases to cover to give a professional first impression to a potential customer...

4. PastyWhite

PastyWhite LawnSite Member
    from Jax, FL

I think it's a must have. I've only been in biz for 2 weeks and already ordered truck magnets and a 4x4 metal sign for the gate on my trailer. Only 2 out of 10 lco's I see around here has any type of signage on their vehicles. Guess which one is going to get called? Me! I pick my signs up tomorrow.

5. Greengo

Greengo LawnSite Member

ABSOLUTELY!!! more than half of the business i have came from a sign on my truck. i didn't have any luck with flyers, but the sign is still getting me work.

6. Rhinox29

Rhinox29 LawnSite Member

I have signs on my trailer and magnet signs on my truck. I must admit it has made a difference.

7. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

Take The Opportunity To Find Someone Locally Who Does Logo Creation And Corporate Identity. I Spent About $500 For Someone To Work Up A Logo For Me And They Created T-shirt Designs, Business Card Designs, Thank You Cards And Other Cool Stuff. This May Sound Like A Lot Of Money, But If You Are Going To Take The Time And Money To Put Your Name On The Side Of Your Truck, Take The Extra Time And Money To Make Sure You Don't Look Like Every Other Joe Blow Out There Cutting Grass. It Goes A Long Way To People Seeing Your Flyers, Your Truck, Your T-shirts And Your Yard Signs And Tieing Them All Together As A Brand Image. Now When I Am Out Cutting In Someones Neighborhood And They See The Signs On My Truck And Trailer, They Tie Them To My Flyers And Then They Tie Them To The Quality Work I Did For Their Neighbor. It Pays High Dividends In The End.

8. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

I have found that commercial insurance is insanely cheaper then regular insurance so I am now able to Vinyl my truck. Since its a ram with lots of funky curves magnets wont really work so a nice big vinyl logo and phone number is in order.

Cheers
    Jeff

9. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

it's BRANDING more than it is advertising.

10. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

Yes it works!