Do signs work for you?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by jdlawn, Apr 17, 2007.

1. jdlawn

jdlawn LawnSite Member
    from MO

i was thinking that i would put up some signs around town and in the yards that i am doing some landscaping for. has anyone ever gotten a call (and a decent account) from a sign or are they not worth the money?

2. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

My signs have always gone missing so I don't do it anymore. I never remember getting any amount of business from them either.

However, I'm revisiting the idea. I bought a 4'x8' sheet of plastic, corrugated board from Home Depot for $20. I plan on cutting very small signs out, like the size they use after a fertilizer application, making a template and spray painting them. Staple them to a little piece of wood. I might try this for spring clean up next week, if they get stolen well at least they didn't cost anything.

Signs are expensive to have printed. Even 5 years ago the guy told me that signs are a oil product and when oil goes up.... I can only imagine how much they are now.

3. Matt k

Matt k LawnSite Member

I spend about $600 a year on job signs and they are the best investment you can make for the money. I have received numerous leads from people seeing us work and getting the info from the job sign. Plastic and spray painting as stated above is so low quality, people will associate that with your work. Bottom line if I saw that type of sign, I would laugh and move on. You may loose or get some stolen, but who cares make more and help your brand for the company.

4. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

they work great get some

5. dallas05

dallas05 LawnSite Member

by far one of the best investments we made. i got 100 (1) color signs. we leave on existing maintenance accounts and all our landscape install,renovations etc... jobs. one of the most common things we here is we see your signs,trucks etc... everywhere!!!!! love it good investment.