1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Do some of you really wax mowers???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by South Florida Lawns, Mar 30, 2010.

1. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

For real? Who has time for that? I was reading an older thread and everybody chimed in at the same time saying how they always wax them. Jeez I'd rather be using my time to get more customers than buffing a lawn mower. Guess its all the part timers we have on here.
  2. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

I don't even wash mine the rain at 50mph does a fine job.
  3. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

We wax our mowers while you are making 4,000 posts. Once in a while its good to wax the mowers. Keeps them from rusting so easily. I try to do mine twice a year.

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I don't wax them, but as you might have seen in my thread I wiped em down with fluid film while I was treating underneath them. It protects the mower and the extra shine is an added bonus! lol It took us for all four mowers about 20 minutes....
  5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Every day I take each and every machine completely apart down to every last
    little nut and bolt, then I meticulously hand wash every part with warm soapy
    water and a toothbrush, once that is done I towel dry the parts and put it all
    back together, then I apply a triple coat of Carnauba wax to it.
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  6. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

I like that....very meticulous
  7. Lugnut

Lugnut LawnSite Senior Member

I waxed all mine this winter. Wash them regularly throughout the year but no time for waxing then
  8. rcslawncare

rcslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Nothing wrong with taking care of your equipment, but I don't wax, just wash off and blow off machine.
  9. Think Green

Think Green LawnSite Silver Member

I don't wax our equipment, however I will wash and clean off and out any mud and caked on dirt. When it comes to waxing, there isn't really anything to wax on our Exmark's and Walker's.!!!!!!!
    When I see a completely clean machine or one that is bright and shiny, then it is a sign that this machine is new and on the show room floor. Dirty machines are a sign that someone is using their equipment to make money. You look at our engines and they are clean...........that is a different story!!!!
  10. Hawg City Lawns

Hawg City Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

i waxed a tractor i once had thats was the last machine i did that with now my dixon is lucky to get a quick rinse