Do they make a Blow Out kit for Fastrak 21/54

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by hollowcd, Oct 18, 2007.

1. hollowcd

hollowcd LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I just installed my gator blades and mulch kit on my new fastrak21/54. I am getting a decent amount of blow-out and I wondered if they make a kit for this mower yet?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

We do not offer one at this time, sorry.

3. hollowcd

hollowcd LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I have another question. It seems as if I am leaving some grass standing where I mow. Are the factory sharpening of the blades very good or is that why I am leaving a little grass behind? How often do I need to sharpen? Thanks,
    Cole

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

A couple things would need to be checked here.
    Blade belt tension.
    Engine RPM's.
    Tire pressure (to much or to little will make the deck pitch off)
    And deck pitch.
    The blades are sharp enough from the factory, they could be sharper but I doubt it causing issues in your cut, unless something damaged the blades.
    As to how often you need to sharpen your blades, it is going to depend on your conditions and how quickly they get dull.

5. ENKY

ENKY LawnSite Member

I have a Fastrack also that is leaving a strip of clumped grass and leaves it looks like between the 2nd and 3rd about 2 in wide. This started after adding the bagger assembly. if grass is very light it is fine. the thicker or more leaves the worse it is. even just crawling along it still does it. Any ideas?

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Not so sure....
    Is the blower clean and not partially plugged up?
    Ground speed is critical and how much your cutting off in a single pass also.
    Have you talked to your dealer about this?

7. hollowcd

hollowcd LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

PJ, I adjusted my belt tension and it definitely helped. How do I check deck pitch? It mows better, but I still leave some blades of grass behind in the taller grass. When I say taller I mow at 3.5" and the grass is approximately 5.5" tall. Shouldnt I be able to mow at full speed and not leave any? When I say not leave any I understand that I probably wont ever cut every blade of grass, but I do believe that I shouldnt be able to see any after a pass. Your thoughts?? Thanks,
    Cole

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Taking 2" off at full speed at a cutting height of 3.5" you may or may not experience missed grass, conditions and grass types come into play.
    Deck pitch would need to be checked by dealer if your not familiar with doing it.
    It is in the maintenance and adjustments section of your parts manual if you want to read up on it.
    Have you talked to your dealer about the cut issues you are experiencing?