Do they make pushers for snow removal for kubota tractors and is it practical?

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by clydesdale, Dec 23, 2007.

1. clydesdale

clydesdale LawnSite Senior Member

I have a friend with a kubota and the regular bucket is not good for snow removal. I was wondering if they made pusher.

2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

If I was big into snow removal, I'd put one of their 8 footers on my Cat MTL.

3. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

You can either use a front mounted blade/plow or a rear mount PTO driven blower. Most tractors, especially smaller ones, don't have the hydraulic flow required to run a front mounted blower. Also, I'd check out Plowsite.com for a ton of info on all types of snow removal equipment.

4. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

Pushers are good for small to large parking lots. Not so much for driveways. I'd get a front mounted plow for a tractor unless I was solely doing lots.

5. Ridin' Around

Ridin' Around LawnSite Senior Member

With any tractor you can switch over to a Skid-Steer style quick coupler and then the options are nearly unlimited for pushers. His only limiting factor will be the HP and traction capabilities of the tractor size. Then with skid steer coupler the loader can handle forks, different buckets, etc.

6. lb59

lb59 LawnSite Member

My Kubota BX23 with a FEL and My Kubota BX1500 with a front blade work good together for snow removal.

7. ksmmoto

ksmmoto LawnSite Member

I bought a New Holland 84" Light Material Bucket with quick tach that I use on the front of my Kubota 3430. It's the largest bucket New Holland makes for their skid steers. It holds just over one cubic yard and is a lot cheaper than a snow pusher. Around $1000 with a cutting edge compared to $2500 for the snow pusher. Handy for moving mulch and light materials in the summer too.

ksmmoto

8. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

You could use it on the L series kubotas and up. Forget about the bx or b series, they are too small.

9. 1TN

1TN LawnSite Member

check out Grattex. They make a fantastic expanding pusher than can back drag as well. Google them!

-Mike