Do u carry asborant on rig

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by smcunningham, Mar 4, 2007.

1. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

Does anybody carry some type of asborant on trailer ie; kitty litter, quick asorbant..........for those accidental spills of oil or gas on road or customer driveway.........I ussually fill up, top oil off on trailer or where if anything spills It's not gonna be noticed........but just in case....does anybody carry anything on trailer for..........just in case reasons..........thinking of carring a coffe can w/ asborant in it this year......had a real close call last year on a concrete driveway.........was able to yank bandanna off head and place on driveway just in time.........real close call........one of my best customers real prestine property and all........
    Also what has worked best for u in the past on oil??????????

2. fitzg2md

fitzg2md LawnSite Member

Last year my trucks power steering pump started leaking when I was in a customers concrete drive. Made a nice little stain, and they were PISSED (understandable). I found that if you get a bottle of brake cleaner/carb cleaner and spray it on there it will lift alot of the stain off the drive. Now you just need to spray it off really well. Do it quickly. Repeat....repeat...repeat..and fix the darn pump!

3. smcunningham

bumpty.......bump.........

4. smcunningham

bump.................

5. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Do you need to park in their drive?
    If your doing lawn care I hope you carry some or one of those pillows.

6. GSPHUNTER

GSPHUNTER LawnSite Senior Member

That kitty litter absorbant is not going to pull gas up off of pavement. It is more for puddles of stuff, and gas doesn't form a puddle. If you are worried about it, carry a bottle of Simple Green with you. It is enviro. friendly and it will cut through gas and oil. You can spray it on and dump some water over it.

7. jbailey52

jbailey52 LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree.. simple green is the best 'absorbent'

8. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

We have a tub just for filling trimers and blowers. all mowers get filled at the house the night before. Now my drive area has a ton of stains from flippin overfilling the crap but a good degreeser and a power washer takes them out. This is why cement is way better than asphault.

9. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

The solution for pollution is dilution!

10. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

Absorbant is a great idea and should be on your rig if you carry gas or oil. A couple years ago I had a big gas spill in the bed of my truck. The only thing I had was grass seed, and it actually worked great to soak up all that gas. Just a little fyi in case you're in a pinch. Even dirt would be better than nothing.