Do u pay your accountant monthly?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by SLCINC, Jan 17, 2008.

1. SLCINC

SLCINC LawnSite Member

Hello,

Just wondering how much u guys pay ur accountant. Do u pay monthly or just have them do u taxes annually. If u pay them monthly, what do they do and is it worth it? and When did u decide that it is needed?

2. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

We have a company that runs the pay roll. And the accountant keeps the books as far as prices I wish I was paying lese.:drinkup:

0060-0505-2517-3137.jpg

3. SLCINC

SLCINC LawnSite Member

how much do u pay?

4. M&MLawn

M&MLawn LawnSite Member

I actually run my own company doing the invoicing, payroll, online advertising, brochures, mailings and such for small businesses. I do plowing, landscaping, construction customers mostly. I work from my home office and do everything remotely. Customers submit their time sheets, numbers for invoicing, whatever info to me and then I do all the follow up. I even have a few customer phone lines that come in here.

To determine pricing you really need to figure out exactly what you want this person to do. Will it be more of an office manager or just simply tax prep?

Michelle
    M&M Landscaping

5. barefootlawnsandlandscape

barefootlawnsandlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

We pay monthly to our accountant. He does payroll, fills out all payroll tax forms, sales tax forms, reconciles quickbooks with my bank account, does profit analysis on a quarterly basis, prints and enters all checks for bills into quickbooks, and meets with my wife on a weekly basis. Our business has cash flowed much better since we brought him on.

6. SLCINC

SLCINC LawnSite Member

how much do u pay barefoot. that is something that I would need. I can do the invoicing myself. I probably wouldnt need weekly meetings though, monthly should be ok.

7. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

At this point I just pay my accountant whenever I use him for something.

8. SLCINC

SLCINC LawnSite Member

Ok well let me ask this, does $120 monthly plus $350 start up and $300 to do my taxes sound fair?
    The start up includes set up as LLC, and quickbooks training. the monthly fee includes payroll and quickbooks support and does all the tax prep and does numerous reports.

9. J&T Kiev

J&T Kiev LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.W In.

I pay my CPA monthly for payroll service, tax forms filled out, Tax prep. My wife and daughter(former CPA ) do the Quick books- book keeping in house.

10. SLCINC

SLCINC LawnSite Member

How much do u pay your accountant monthly