1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

    Dismiss Notice

Do we really like are mowers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bridges, Sep 8, 2000.

  1. bridges

    bridges LawnSite Member
    from RI
    Posts: 196

    So how many of us really like are mowers? The mower you have for years finally had enough or you had engough of it, so you take a ride to your dealer. You buy a zero turn off him. You take it to your first job. And cuts like s***! And you are stuck with it. Your customers keep telling you the mower is not cutting the grass. you bring the mower to get fixed, but by the 6th time of dropping it off at the dealer you leave it and never pick it back up. two years later you get your money back. So does anyone not like what they buy? We all know that eric loves his chopper.

  2. bob

    bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE
    Posts: 4,254

    If I didn't like Grasshopper's I wouldn't have two of them. Whats the great thing about this forum is that you get to "test drive" mowers from home!
  3. landscaper3

    landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Posts: 1,354

    We love are Walker mowers and our Toros are pretty good cutters, Always demo a mower before buying one if they wont let you there hiding something. Thats why when we first bought a Walker, I asked them a local Walker dealer too come to one of my job sites for a free demo and they did without a hesitation, one try bought that same demo mower next day and now another one this year. Most dealers if they want a sale will let you demo one. LONG LIVES WALKER MOWERS!!

    BUSHMASTER LawnSite Senior Member
    Posts: 519

    We all make mistakes from time to time its allways a good idea to demo a unit we are the customer and it is a sizable
    purchase and we are owed that by those who supplie this industry.I have yet to hear ..infact that what a good salesman wants you to do after all you have had the unit for a while and its just like your best friend, and until you sit and operate a new unit, when you find the right one.aarrr ..aarrr you say "how have i done without this for sooo long....
    I love my walker,i love my Dc, i love my toro.. a differnt tool for differnt jobs..

    [Edited by BUSHMASTER on 09-10-2000 at 12:16 AM]
  5. thelawnguy

    thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member
    Posts: 2,412

    Look at it this way: My Turf Tracer makes me fistfuls of money, its paid for, and I know it well so its better for me to replace parts as they wear out than buy a new $5k machine. Heck it might cost me 300 for spindles 100 for tires still cheaper than a new one which will do the same thing. Oh dear, I suppose I wont impress you guys with my peeling decals and worn paint. Boohoo!
  6. CandJ

    CandJ LawnSite Member
    Posts: 59

    I have a new Scag Ultimate 52" mower that is easy to operate, and leaves a great cut. I am very pleased with the purchase. The only problem was a belt that snapped just past the 90 day warranty.
  7. yardsmith

    yardsmith LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio
    Posts: 627

    I hope that anyone spending more than 300-500 for a machine would have enuf brains to try it out first & demo it. If not, then he has no one to blame but himself.
    My Bobcat Z haas been good to me this 1st year that I've had it. Other mowers are keeping up their end of the bargain too. Sure there are some things I might improve upon if I could, but I'd say I'm 95% happy with it. The other 5% I can't change, so I don't worry about it, because I'm a perfectionist, & it is somewhat immaterial.
  8. geogunn

    geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN
    Posts: 3,010

    what would I change about the ole lesco, 48 belt?

    glad you asked. I'd change it into a hydro turf tracer in a heartbeat if you'd eat the $4000 difference in the purchase price and the trade.

    heck, I might go buy a TT any way. but not today, (as long as that 14 kaw keeps slinging grass)!!

  9. RYAN

    RYAN LawnSite Member
    Posts: 211

    We love are Exmarks. They are are best mowers. All are guys love Exmark. We give are lawns nothing but Exmark, and they love are special treatment.

    BUSHMASTER LawnSite Senior Member
    Posts: 519

    you get the idea that he might like exmarks

Share This Page