Do what you say your going to do!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by MartinsMowing, Jan 4, 2007.

1. MartinsMowing

MartinsMowing LawnSite Member

Man i am so fed up with people that tell you they are going to do something but then they dont. I called my dealer around 2 30 and they told me the got my new blower in this morning (br600). He told me that he was taking care of a customer but would have the blower assebled by 4. I asked him for the balance and he didnt have it on hand so he told me he would call back in a little while. Well its about 4 50 and he still hasent called me back to at least give me the balance. They close at 5, i guess i wont be getting my new blower today.

2. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

Why did you need to know the balance before going in there? I always either take a blank check or just pay w/ the cc. Especially if I know they already have it there.

3. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

You ever think he was busy.. im sure you have forgotten to call someone in your lifetime

4. gary6768

gary6768 LawnSite Member

I cannot believe he had the chutzpah to not call YOU back. What on earth could be so important in this man's life that he wouldn't call YOU back when YOU want your new blower in January....:confused:

5. SuperZZZ

SuperZZZ LawnSite Member

Hope you didnt buy it at D&L GARDEN center lol.There service sucks.Had a new Mclane edger seize up and took it in they had it all year.They didnt wanna pay outta pocket just sat there collecting dust.I will never buy products with them again!William Sells in tayor mi.they do great service offer scag,exmark,gravely,stihl,redmax,etc.Hope you have a great year Martin good luck!

6. MartinsMowing

well i only have a debet card and need to know if i need to put more money in my account...also yeah im sure he was busy...but i gave him my number he said he would call back but dident...i mean comon at least call me back and say this is the ballance but i didnt have time to assemble it or w/e. He also has 400 sum odd dolars of mine b/c i was givin a br550 but want the 600 so he gave me the credit. I dont think he would be all that busy in january. And gary i dont kno what is up with the YOU thing...yeah i want my blower, i have been waiting since wed, and now its thursday thats how many days...6 business days. Plus he said 2-3 days and he has my money so yeah I want me blower lol. SuperZ, no i did not purchase from D&L, they dont even have much of anything on display, im purchasing from W F Sell. They have been god to me, im just anxious. My guys name is eric, i think hes there in the afternoon, and brian the other guy is there in the morning. or at least thats what i think, i havent asked.

7. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

Did you not know the price when you first ordered it? If so how much did you put down on it. Take the price and subtract what you put down.

8. MartinsMowing

yeah i called and priced them...the br 550 was 395 and the 600 was 480..so im thinking somewhere around 80 bucks...i wanted to know the exact number though so i wouldent show up there with too little dough on my debet card

9. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Why would you be buying a backpack if you dont have the cash in you bank account. You should be able to buy anything with a small engine on it and not have to worry about if you have enough $. How are you going to have any money for the winter if your struggleing in Jan. Sounds like you should have kept the 550. You still would have had some cash lrft to buy a happy meal or two with.

10. MartinsMowing

i dont keep very much in my checking account(which my debt is connected to) when i run low i just transfer from my savings into my checking. I only use it to buy gas and if i get cought without cash. So if i dident have enough in my checking, i would then transfer some dough