Do You Accept Credit Cards?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by ccoolscrib, Feb 13, 2008.

1. ccoolscrib

ccoolscrib LawnSite Member

Was looking to start accepting credit cards, what companies do you use? What are there fees? Is it worth having the processing?

2. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

There are tons of threads on this, a search will give you days of reading :laugh:

A good place to start is with your bank, many bank offer CC processing, normally it's thru a 3rd party but it's under their name, and I like having it all under on roof so to speak. Some guys go with Paypal. There's all sorts of companies that do processing, just do a search for some names.

For a 'good deal' you would want to be near 2% for fees, plus they all charge a small 'per transaction' fee. What I do is, CC's are the only payment option. I gladly pay a small percentage in exchange for guaranteeing payment is received when I want it. Going thru my bank I get my money in my account around 3pm the next day, and you can't beat that.

My advice is, shop around if your bank doesn't offer it. Take note of the 'per transaction' fees...they can add up if they nail you for those. Also of course check out their minimum monthly fee. You have to weigh all the fees to see which is the best deal for you.

3. lawnmower man1

lawnmower man1 LawnSite Member

Check out www.charge.com they have low fees and have been good to me.