Do you add a business card with your Christmas cards?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by walker-talker, Oct 28, 2003.

1. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Just wondering who thinks this might be tacky?

I did include the name of my business at the end of the greeting, then I will sign my personal name.

MATT

2. NYRookie

NYRookie LawnSite Member

I also have my buss. name on the card,but no I do not send a buss. card with the Christmas card. Everyone I am sending one to already has my buss. card from doing previous buss.

3. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I just send the holiday card, no business card. I feel tacky sending a business card, I don't want them to think I am trying to drum up business and that the cards are not sincere. The card will get them thinking of you, no need for the business card IMO.

4. Doster's L & L

Doster's L & L LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with LB Landscaping. They already know who you are. The Christmas card isjust a little something that tells them that you appreciate their business.

5. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Walker-Talker,

Here is a quote from this Tip "21: Christmas Cards For Business"site.

'Include a business card with your business Christmas card. If family and friends are your customers too, I would suggest sending out two separate Christmas cards. Send out an extra Christmas card just from you that is not business related. "

6. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I 100% not agree with the quote from gopher.

You are sending a christmas card as a appreciation for business, they already know you and have your number.
    There's better times during the season that you can do this, spring is the ideal.

Send the card with no strings attached.

7. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I think I am going to have to go with the majority here. I would find it more approiate to send a letter of apprecian and include a business card with that. I think I will do that first here in the next few weeks and then a month later send out the Christmas cards. Kind of a PR double whammy!!!

8. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Thats exactly what I do. I send out a Newsletter to all of my customers in the fall and again in the early spring. Basically a thank-you note and company update. Good PR like you said WT!!!

9. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe a little late on the topic but what about this.
    This year I'm sending calendars instead of cards, $208 for 200 calendars I think is a good deal, so basically I'm technically i'm sending a business card with each.
    UUhm I might rethink my post.

10. justmjc

justmjc LawnSite Senior Member

I like to send a few business cards with each billing. I will also remind them of the benifits to both of them and myself for a referral. Just to make sure they have my card on hand at all times.