Do you bag the clippings?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mkwl, May 19, 2004.

1. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I bag the clippings on all of my accounts.
    Do you????????????????????

I love my Bob-Cat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

We bag everything with the push mowers and Walk behind. Everything that the Z does is not. We average 5 or more cubic yards of clipings every day.

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

try not to bag, unless we have too because of how thick it is or because of safety...if cars or people are around

4. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

Everything is loaded up, always.

5. STAN1366

STAN1366 LawnSite Senior Member

If I don't have to, I won't. Neatness counts though and it's sometimes easier to bag than to double cut.

6. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

We don't bag unless the customer asks for it. We charge much more to bag and I can't see a difference unless the yard is really long. During the fall is a different story though... sometimes I bag because of the leaves.

7. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

It is much more beneficial to return the nutrients to the turf than to bag. Think of all the natural fertilizer you are pulling off the yard. This is very true. And, anytime a customer requests it to be bagged that is what I tell them. Then if they still want it bagged, they need to look elsewhere cause I won't bag.

8. Mikes Lawn Landscape

Mikes Lawn Landscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Never have Never will !

9. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

We only bag a few and leave the grass on site, I think it is ridiculus to have to haul grass off site. I don't want to deal with grass in the bed of my truck, then having to unload it and wash out my truck.

10. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

Chimmygew is right on , taking away clippings takes away beneficial nutrients from the lawn, I only bag a few lawns myself, usually people with a lot of landscape beds, that they don't want grass clippings in.