Do you charge differently based on the home?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by chuck_jax, Jul 26, 2005.

1. chuck_jax

chuck_jax LawnSite Member

Two homes, same lawn. Home #1 value = $200,000. Home #2 value = $800,000.

Do you charge the same?

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Yes we do.
    And more often times than not, you'll find that the home for $800,000 will have a harder time paying your price than the home with the lesser value.

3. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

Exactly!!!

4. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't charge differently based upon appearance/value of house lot size & landscape are the most relevant factors for me.

I work in a smaller rural area, my opinion is if customers know each other and get to talking there could be problems with charging different prices for same services. i.e. the price I charge per 1000 sq ft on fert, pesticide, aeration, etc. is the same for all.
    Couldn't agree with this more the richer they are the tighter they seem to hold on to money, right to the point of being pretty delinquent on bills, never have any problems with the working man.

-Geoff

5. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

I charge the same. For the record, I don't have a hard time getting paid from the very high end people, in facct they are usually the first checks I get.

6. Scotts' Yard Care

Scotts' Yard Care LawnSite Senior Member

we charge strictly by the job.

7. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

If the yard is exactly the same and the work involved is the same YES

8. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

No I charge differently. I charge more for the higher house price. Why??? they are pickier and quicker to find someone that charges less. A working man does not have the time to be picky nor does he have the time to negotiate prices with other companies.
    I have found that the mucky muck place is not where you want to work. TO much low balling and such going on. Many are house poor.

9. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Watch what your saying here guys...

that could fall on predigest

10. Reliable Lawn Care

Reliable Lawn Care LawnSite Member

You know, I love the fact that our country has freedom of speech, or in this case, just freedom of opinion, an opinion is just that and you cannot and will not take that away.....anyway, give me the boot if needed, but I do wish you luck in which ever election you are or will be running in the future.