Do you charge extra for double cutting?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PB34, Jun 13, 2008.

1. PB34

PB34 LawnSite Member

Do you charge extra for double cutting? I have never done this, but with todays fuel prices, I may start charging for this. If you do charge extra, how much do you charge?

2. zemzabob

zemzabob LawnSite Senior Member

If it was a new account that had not been mowed in like three weeks of if it was one of those accounts that just wanted mowed every other week then differently, but if it was a weekly account that just got tall in a week or if I could not get to it because of rain or whatever then no I would not this is all just hypothetical since I am not a LOC JMO,

3. fool32696

fool32696 LawnSite Senior Member

If a property needs to be double cut during the growing season, I'll price it in when I bid. It's not bad when you make the first pass at 9mph and the 2nd at 15mph!

4. k911lowe

k911lowe LawnSite Senior Member

charge one monthly price,no matter what it takes.if you cut 1x per week you should not have to double cut.if you cut every other week might be time to change.

5. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale LawnSite Senior Member

We just took over a school contract and some schools havent been cut yet this year. Grass is long, 2.5-3 ft in some cases and theyre paying double and sometimes triple the unit price for a single cut. They don't care-public money.

6. k911lowe

k911lowe LawnSite Senior Member

trouble with them is we are the public.

7. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale LawnSite Senior Member

Myself included.

8. zemzabob

zemzabob LawnSite Senior Member

at least your getting some of it back.

9. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

Like said, if its a new account then yes double cut is more for initial and its figured into bid. Also, the second cut is averaging anywhere from 45 seconds to about maximum of 5 minutes worth of extra work so its not like my mower is burning very much more fuel. Its part of the game when we were getting 3-4 days of rain a week at the beginning of the season.

10. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

No charge for double cutting. With weekly contracts, if I have to double cut, it's my own damn fault!:laugh: