do you charge extra on sunday?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Jul 24, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

someone calls and asks for work. let's say trimming. you tell them you have the 2nd week of augest open, or, you have sunday open. is sunday at a higher rate, because it is sunday?

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Only way I will work on Sunday bg is if it rains the other 6 days of the week prior.

3. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

Every day is the same during mowing season. It's a long cold winter, with every Sunday off.

4. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

In 14 years we have never worked on a Sunday...

5. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Unfortunately with the weather we have this year Sunday has become just another work day. If I do have speacial requests and they do not want to wait thier turn on the schedule I do tack on a few extra dollars.

6. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

Only if the customer requires that the work be done on a Sunday. (office building, or some other reason) But I will never tell any customer that I have a Sunday open. Because I generally don't

7. Nah I don't charge extra for Sundays, cause we don't work Sundays. Excluding honeydo's.

8. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

yes.... if something must be done on the weekend and we are not behind becuase of wether, or people being out.

we charge more mainly becuase our employees are being paid overtime. so we charge accordingly.

9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

If it were to happen, and it never has, I would charge double.

10. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Same here.