Do you charge more for Bi-weekly Vs. Weekly?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by AllAmericanlawn, May 3, 2007.

1. AllAmericanlawn

AllAmericanlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I was just wondering if most charge more for Bi-weekly Vs. weekly? Does Bi-weekly seem to cause more maintenance on the mowers (Blades, etc.).

2. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, you should, grass is harder to cut right?

3. BQLC

BQLC LawnSite Senior Member

I do not double the price but but it is close to 1 1/2 for bi-weekly more grass , more wear on equipment

4. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

What he said ♥

5. Scottscape

Scottscape LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

We don't do biweekly. It reflects on our rep. If the neighbor came out and see our name and seen all the clippings on top the lawn. I'm sure he would never consider us. Atleast I wouldn't.

6. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

Neighbors know their neighbors. If I'm only mowing every other week, then they know their neighbor is cheap, besides they already know, so why turn down the business. I'd rather them all be biweekly, You get more per cut and it dont take too much longer.

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I would be surprised if there are many bi-weekly customers willing to pay more than weekly customers. They are cheap and trying to save money and want to just get the minimum done and they will be the first to go 3 weeks in late summer. And they can usually wait until somebody drives by and rings the door bell. But ......we have a bunch of them signed up on contracts when we got the monthly price in line with their thinking.

8. stumpjumper

stumpjumper LawnSite Member

What Ed said is a fact in my area. There are 5 lco's operating around close and all do bi-weekly's.