1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Do you charge more for Sandy yards???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CURBAPPEAL NC, Jun 7, 2006.

CURBAPPEAL NC LawnSite Member

Alot of my yards are patchy and sandy! Which of course is terrible for the blades, deck, air filter, eyes, lungs ect. . Thing is, when doing estimates for them they think they shouldnt have to pay as much because there isnt much grass when actually they should pay more! Should I just charge more from now on and possibly loose some new acounts (due to high price) or try to explain why they are getting charged more than normal?
  2. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Well that really depends on where you are at in your biz. If you can afford to loose the account, and or not get it at all then that is part of your business plan not to do those types. On the other hand if that yard is the difference between little johnny eating tonight then well guess you know the answer. Good Luck!!!
  3. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

I wont cut some deserts because it isnt worth the time. However, those that I do cut are fast as hell. They all have crappy grass so you pull a quick mow edge blow go and your done.
  4. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

I like a nice crappy growing, sand-based yard. No getting stuck, no double mowing, even in the rain.
  5. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Sand is one problem we don't have. Fescue on steriod's now there's a problem.