Do you clean gutters as a Fall service?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Landscraper1, Sep 25, 2013.

1. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Hey, if you have to do one or two here and there to keep an account, I think everyone understands that. I'd probably do it too, if it was a good enough account. I'm just saying it's not really landscaping and nothing I really want to mess with nor do I have everything needed to really do it right. But if all they want is just some lawn care dude up on a ladder scooping leaves out with our hands, sometimes we'll do that. But normally, I'd try to convince them to hire someone else. I don't think it's something we should be doing.

2. sweetz

sweetz LawnSite Bronze Member

Backpack blower, ladder, maybe a hose and some water. That's all that is needed.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

Same here. I don't do them.
    As a solo operator and main income provider in the house, it's simply not worth the risk. If I get hurt, who's paying my bills? No thanks.

I did a garage roof gutter once that I could get to with an 8' stepladder. It was clogged full and there was no "blowing it out".
    Jobs like that though are easy enough for most homeowners, so there's not much demand for "easy" gutter cleaning.

If someone else does gutters, good for them. It doesn't make any difference to me. They can have all the gutter work they want. I don't need it.