Do you consider youself skilled?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Landscraper1, Feb 2, 2013.

1. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

I know little to nothing about that side of the business. Never said I did, either. Just said I'm taking the first step which is getting the liscense. I doubt I even mention I have the liscense for a good 2-3 years.

I'm not interested in how much money you make or anything of that sort, though. That's kind of rude to discuss openly IMO. This ain't a pissin contest.

2. wiltslawncare

wiltslawncare LawnSite Member

I dont get it. Its easy to start a sucessful business? Its easy to get more then enough quality customers to keep running your sucessful business? You can train a monkey to cut a lawn...okay? Is one lawn considered a business? Im confused.

3. CreativeLawncareSolutions

I'm blessed to have been taught the skills that I do have. Thanks, pops!

My fiancee' is also self-employed as well. We bounce things off eachother all the time. We help eachother.

I agree there's more than one way to skin a cat. Managing the financial end of things is the most important skill to have, though.

4. CreativeLawncareSolutions

I guess if you have insurance, liscenses, business cards, equipment, shop, website, etc with only one client you're technically a business. You're just a very bad business.

5. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

I do same thing word of mouth only place I run a ad is in the phone book
    I dont have a web site I dont do emails I rather talk to ppl on phone or in person Im busy now with jobs signed up for spring time

There a New Company here they market there self big time They look busy but a 3 day job for me takes them week or 2 to do They only do installs so during spring time when its wet sitting around waiting for dry weather But have seen them do installs in the mud and that has back fired on them few times
    They dont own a thing They rent everything to do a job

6. CreativeLawncareSolutions

My 75 year old grandmother is on facebook daily.

I have weekly accounts that are with me specifically because I do email invoicing and online payments.

I just don't understand the tone of some of these posts. I really don't. You can be old school while accepting the fact that times are a changin. Personal service is great. I have several people I talk to for 5 minutes if they're home and I'm finished with their work. We laugh. We shoot the sht....whatever. Then at the end of the month I email them their invoice and they pay online.

7. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

I didnt say one word about $$$ here
    You said you getting your Fert License I ask if you need a Fert License
    Now you say you have a License for 2-3 years

I want ask you what is the Fert Licence for What are you going use it for

How old are you anyway???

8. CreativeLawncareSolutions

How old are you? Too old IMO. Old and cranky. Too old to type out a proper sentence. Too old to punctuate. I'll never be that old. I'll also never be too old and cranky enough to have a pissin match on lawnsite. I'll also never be old enough to not be able to read and comprehend.

Now, you can choose to apologize or you can put me on ignore. I'm fine with either option.

9. pseudosun

pseudosun LawnSite Bronze Member

If this is a pissing contest, i'd probably lose. I have a split stream most of the time.

10. CreativeLawncareSolutions

Never should have visited that hooker in Nam.