Do you consider youself skilled?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Landscraper1, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

Then you must be to young to spell right
    I know you are young now You don't know what you are going use the Fert License for To help you out You going to lawn treatments take care of weeds You need a Applicator License
    Maybe in your state you need a Fert License But I never heard of that type License

Originally Posted by CreativeLawncareSolutions
    I know little to nothing about that side of the business. Never said I did, either. Just said I'm taking the first step which is getting the liscense. I doubt I even mention I have the liscense for a good 2-3 years.

I'm not interested in how much money you make or anything of that sort, though. That's kind of rude to discuss openly IMO. This ain't a pissin contest
  2. Will P.C.

Will P.C. LawnSite Senior Member

Always enjoy reading your posts mate
  3. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

Could've fooled me with that one :rolleyes:
  4. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

You got me! I spelled it wrong. I'm 32 years old by the way.

The license is from the pesticide and fert division in Ohio. The license is titled commercial applicator, though. I said I doubt I'll even offer these services for a few years. I'm not gonna go sprayin without the knowledge.
  5. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Mow, Blow and GO! And the most important thing I've learned in this business that anybody can do is, Don't get upset over a LS post's.
  6. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Never say the " never too old".:nono:

It sneaks up on you like a theif in the night

I can remember saying "if it is too loud then your too old"
    Now I catch myself yelling "turn that crap down" :laugh::laugh:
    Unless it is some good old 80's stuff like Run DMC, Tears for Fears, ect....
    then we can turn it up for 5 or 10 minutes :drinkup::cool2:
  7. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

I'm 32, but feel much older. We just bought a Cadillac DTS today, actually. What a sweet ride! What time does Bingo start? Where's my teeth?
  8. StanWilhite

StanWilhite LawnSite Silver Member

Math is a problem for younger people.

I recently read an "in depth" article concerning the problems younger people are having to deal with these days when it comes to math skills needed to succeed in the world of building (and other related jobs that involve math).

The article said that, as a result of very thorough testing involving math problems, they found that 47% of people under 30 years old had the equivalent of a 6th grade level when it comes to math skills.

Stop and think about that for a moment....47% are at a 6th grade level when it comes to math!

47%.....that's almost a third!
  9. fastlane

fastlane LawnSite Senior Member

Wow! I started my corporation in 1971. Now I feel much older.
  10. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Can I be in your club? The old and the new. By myself. You can't see the pattern in the decking but it's the same as the handrails. The handrails are a little odd but that's what the HO wanted. I also put a SunSetter 20' retractable awning on there too.

old deck 1.JPG

new deck 3.JPG