1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Do you continue to pick up customers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RollTide11, May 15, 2008.

1. RollTide11

RollTide11 LawnSite Member

Do you continue to pick up jobs later into the summer if not when is the general cutoff month, because I still need a lot more customers.
  2. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

3. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

Why are you in business.... I thought it was to pick up customers, what ever time of the year it is. Usually for most people its a no brainer, I dont know what happened in this case.
  4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

The further you get away from when you did your main advertising blitz the less calls you will get. I passed out door hangers in early March and got a flurry of calls all of March and the beginning of April. The last call I got was last week and I landed that job.

If you have a commercial phone number and advertise in the Yellow Pages the phone will ring all year.
  5. RollTide11

RollTide11 LawnSite Member

I think cpel is a little off subject. I wasn't asking if I should quit picking up customers when they call lol. I was wondering when do they stop calling. Thanks for the legit answers guys.
  6. tras

tras LawnSite Member

They never stop calling, i continue to pick up season long clients as well just one time and vaction mowing all year.
  7. davis45

davis45 LawnSite Senior Member

I get most of my customers June-August. When other companies sell out, or they are sick of doing it themselves, or blah blah. I never pick up many over winter or early spring.
  8. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Nonstop. I'd say 50% of our landscape installs sign on for maintenance too. Every year I say around this time no more, and threaten to throw my cell out the window. In reality I know that is not the way to grow a business so I persist. By June things tend to fall into place and we catch a groove. Spring is always hectic, everyone want stuff done yesterday, so it's 7 days a week for a while.
  9. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

We pick-up 75% of New clients mid march to Lat e May. Then a few here and there in the summer. Then the lovely leaves that everyone loves to do,the calls start back up October to December.
  10. 1cooltreeguy

1cooltreeguy LawnSite Senior Member

Most new customers are in Mar-June but we continue to get new customers year round. The phone rings much more March-September though...