do you do this?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnwizards, Jun 5, 2011.

1. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

do you do this or let your employees smoke while working or go shirtless while working? saw a guy the other day doing both, cutting with a mower shirtless with a cigarette in his mouth. i wouldnt ever do it in a million years. it looks so unprofessional. thoughts?

2. Bumpmaster

Bumpmaster LawnSite Fanatic

How did the grass look when he was done? Was he efficient while mowing?

3. ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping LawnSite Gold Member

i go shirtless all of the time when it s hot enough. My employee as well. No body cares and they may even like it ha ha

4. grincon

grincon LawnSite Member

Smoke in the rig is fine on customer property... Hell no! and shirtless? are you kidding?

5. Bumpmaster

I here you their buddy. If I had a nice six pack I would show it of as well.

6. yeah but I do use sunscreen.

7. SouthSide Cutter

SouthSide Cutter LawnSite Bronze Member

At my Banks and Resturants and thats about all I do is pick up butts. My house sets along one of our major highways to town. Same thing butts and cig packs. Would just like to collect them see someone throw some down then take a years worth and dump them in their yard. Then see what they think. Wouldnt hire a person who smokes and cant stand to be around someone who does. Just cant stand the smell. And they should have their cloths on also.

8. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

you mean you "hear" him? people already look down on our profession, we dont need anymore negative stereotypes. :hammerhead:

9. Bumpmaster

Yep *trucewhiteflag*

10. B&GLandscaping

B&GLandscaping LawnSite Member

no to both questions. no matter how hot out it is, shirts always stay on. looks unprofessional