1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Do you dress up for Halloween while working?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GarPA, Oct 13, 2002.

1. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

just wondering if any of you for fun put a mask on or anything around 10/31...assuming of course good visibility has to be maintained for safety reasons...it may be a bit hokey but I get a kick out of Halloween and was thinkng about it...but as ugly as some of you are, putting a mask on would reduce the fright factor instead of enhancing it!!....lol
  2. BigJim

BigJim LawnSite Senior Member

It would be kind of hot mowing with a pumpkin on your head all day:pumpkin:
    Actually Halloween isn't celebrated down this way,no tricks or treats here.
  3. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

the idea sounds fun but remember some people attach great significance to HALLOWEEN as a religous day.

and what you make of it depends on what side of Christianity you identify.

of course I am generally refering to the extreme sides of the issue.

most people would probably get a kick ot of seeing guys riding ZTRs with their capes blowing in the breeze.

post pics if you do it....

4. kppurn

kppurn LawnSite Senior Member

I wear a big gorilla suit while mowing :eek: .............

Just kidding......I will be wearing normal work attire.
    Pants, company sweatshirt and probably five layers underneath because of the cool temps :(
  5. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

I think that if the temp's are cool enough, I'll let the guys try that out. It could be fun.
  6. Ryan Lightning

Ryan Lightning LawnSite Senior Member
    from CA

You guys woth open trailers and riders, could make a scare crow are something and put it on the mower between jobs.:alien:
  7. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i think it would be pretty funny. if i saw a guy mowing a lawn on a rider all dressed up i would laugh my ***** off. Maybe dress up as superman with a cape on. when your mowing the cape could be flapping in the wind like your flying. just watch out for the muffer and other moving parts.
  8. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

All the full time guys can dress up as day laborers from South o the border.

The Superman costume on a rider would be histerical.

9. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

I usually buy lunch for the guys that dress up. Only a few guys do it, had the gorilla suit, prisoner, and I think a pirate with a few other cheesy ones..
  10. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Thought I was the only one. This year I am going to be a cow. Yes utters and all. At least till it gets to dang hot. Should be worth a few laughs. Now I know that the look professional guys
    are going to kick in. :D