Do You Drink Beer on the Jobsite?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dhicks, Oct 2, 2000.

1. dhicks

dhicks Member

Have you ever drunk a beer on the jobsite? I know it’s unprofessional, reprehensible, and just a no-no while on duty. I do not drink beer in the autumn nor the winter and not too much in the spring. However, once the temperature hits about 85 degrees or more, and I’m working my tail-off, water and Gator juice just don’t kick my thirst while a single beer does the trick every time.

Matter of fact, some of my yuppie customers (while sitting in the pool) will run a can of beer out to me on the mower and throw a burger or dog on a paper plate. While I’m not interested in eating when it’s hot, the beer seems to be the pick-me-up that I need.

I would assume the yuppies are being sociable or they figure the derelict on the $8000.00 mower needs a drink. Whatever the case this has to stop.

2. slingshot

slingshot LawnSite Member
    from pa

i only drink beer on the way to jobs or in rout to the next house thank god for cup holders in trucks

3. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I'll A_MEN to that !!!!love those 5-gal. water coolers best thing for holding a 6 pack!!!LOL

4. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

The tool box on my Grasshopper doubles as a cooler! ;)

5. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

I drink in my own yard only-if the stripes get a bit squirly-no big deal,go get another six pack-theyll straighten out.Now if i could figure out a way to drive the DC and hold my beer at the same time-ill be all set.Ive got s nice cupholder from Overton's,its for boats and works well for the Coors light can on the DC.

6. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

No. Florida heat and humidity don't mix well with alcholic beverages. I used to drink a beer if a customer brought one out, but it doesn't look to professional. :)

7. Vandora Lawn & Landscape

Vandora Lawn & Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Unfortunately, alcohol has a tendency to dehydrate more than it helps. Also, I would find it VERY unprofessional to drink while on the job.

8. Turf Kutter

Turf Kutter LawnSite Member

Pour it in a nestea or arizona ice tea bottle then it will look like you are drinking tea.:DOr always a plastic that is not see through.:):D

9. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

It might be a slap in the customers face to decline the nice thought. :)

10. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

dang, what a question!

(hickup!)

uhh...what was the question?

GEO