Do you enjoy the lawn business?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Shopkeeper, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Shopkeeper

Shopkeeper LawnSite Member

For those of you who are in the business what is the extent of your services and do you enjoy your job? When you come home at night do you feel good with what you've done?

Just curious how others feel about what they do.

Also, I'm mainly looking for full timers, but all are welcome to post. Please post if you're in the business FT or PT.

Thanks,

~Shopkeeper

2. Grass-Masters

Grass-Masters LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, I was in real-estate for 10 years before I started my company. I began Lawn Care because it was what I enjoyed to do, I love when you can take some thing that is drab and messy and make it look like a gem. Very rewarding, the pay isn't bad either.

3. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I have to say that I do not love every day. However, it definitely has its rewards. Like right now I am sitting here talking with you folks. Going over my marketing plan for this season. Watching it flurry outside. I love looking at a property after we are done with it. Whether it be a landscaping job, or a simple mowing and look at how much nicer it looks.

4. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

I love it ,thats the reason I got into the Business. Working outside surrounded with nature. Id rather be doing this then stuck in an office anyday

5. LemkeLawns

LemkeLawns LawnSite Member

I wouldnt trade it for anything. The thing I like the best is knowing ive done a great job when the little old ladies tell their kids about the work we do. Its touching.

6. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

Absolutely! I do cutting; chemical apps; ground/light tree trimming; & landscape maintenance/renovation/installation. I really enjoy the landscaping side of it though. Seeing someones landscaping change from "I already have landscaping?" to "WOW!!! I wish I'd done this sooner!" is really rewarding to me.

7. 2menandamower

2menandamower LawnSite Member

PT until this spring and going FT. I have the cust. base to support it so I am making the move. 3 years ago I was paying someone to cut my grass becasue I weighed in at 407lbs. Now that I am at 285 I have the energy of a 20y/o and I love the work and the heat and the sweat. There are days that I get discouraged but that is with any business weather you work for yourself of the man. I have not had any hesitation about going FT and I am looking forward to many years to come.....

8. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

I love my job emmensly, just read my sig.

9. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I like it some days more than others. Typically during the spring rush I love it.

Ususally by October im ready for it all to be over.

10. Mr Priceless

Mr Priceless LawnSite Senior Member

I love it for mainly the art you can created with whatever job, and of course the freedom from paid slavery. The list can go on and on.....

I just love the way the striping looked (before i knew what striping was) when i finished my neighbor's lawn across the street. When i had nothing to do i would just stare at the green beauty sitting on my porch for a while.