1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Do you get along with other LCOs?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by all ferris, Jan 12, 2005.

1. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

When ever I see another LCO I always wave at them and if possible I'll even stop and introduce myself. Even if they never wave back I still wave at them as I pass. Can't we all just get along?
  2. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

I just built a house in my area and I moved here last year. I told the wife that this spring Im going to stop the local LCO's and tell them alittle about me just so they know Im here and Im not here to make enemys! Maybe even buy them lunch :waving:
  3. Gmgbo

Gmgbo LawnSite Senior Member

i get along with 2 other companys, sometimes help each other when we get busy. I always wave to others, they usualy just look the other way. :cry:
  4. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

I can't stand anyone in my area, and wish they would all just stop waiving at me :p :p :p :p

Just kidding, I have found the same thing. I wave and some just look at you funny. Your more then welcome to stop and chat with me If you ever see me. But only for 5 minutes or I will have to start charging for time :rolleyes:
  5. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

there's only one LCO that will talk/wave to me (tiedeman), other's are stuck up.
    I do notice for the plow people, they seem alittle more friendly :)
  6. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

i'm friendly to all the other locals. Usually even their crews will wave to me also. I help a couple of the LCO's from time to time and they would help me too. Its great to be able to work together and help when needed, like for instance I helped one LCO with a big leaf cleanup, then again in the huge snowdrop storm we had just before Christmas. He was able to help me with a cleanup job as well.
  7. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

If you charge me for the time and I charge you for the extra time it will all just even out :dizzy: payup

If you see me out you can stop but only if you plan on helping me finish the job I'm on. JK :p :p
  8. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

I try to be friendly with everyone. I actually have quite a few local guys who I am friendly with. I know if I need a favor, they will help me out, and I would do the same for them. I never saw that being freindly would hurt my business, only help me.
  9. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

I made it a point in my first year to say hello and see what everyone was about when I got the chance...what equipment they use, their preferences, etc. I must admit though, most of the time everyone was nice, but twice two companies acted like pr*cks to me and they people in those neighborhoods didn't speak to fondly of them either, so I did make it a point to be overly nice to people on those streets and win over their business.
  10. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

We'll wave or say hi if it works out that way at a gas station or something. To go out of my way and/or stop to talk to one, no way. I've got better things to do than talk to my competition. I'm not a jerk to them, they are simply just "there" and are nothing to me. I have a couple guys not in my area we pass work back and forth to a little bit, and that's enough. Our operation is self-standing and I don't want or need the help of another company.