1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Do you guys ever charge per flower flat?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by joshua74133, Nov 19, 2012.

1. joshua74133

joshua74133 LawnSite Member

I'm bidding on a job and i always figure by the job but this HOA wants to know what i charge per flat.

what do you guys charge?
  2. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

How many per flat? Mine come with 18- 3" square at a cost of $12.50 to me and an installed price of $25-$30 depending on how many and full scope of the project.
  3. garciajj612

garciajj612 LawnSite Member

I always charge $30 per flat if its more than 15 but we knock them out pretty quick and I get them for$9 per 18 4" flats
  4. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

Material and labor. If they need any more information than that, don't waste your time, you can't afford to.
    easy-lift guy
  5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Guess you haven't bid many sites with a lot of flowers they want to know in the contract how much per flat. That allows them a way to compare one company bid to another.
  6. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

My customers don't have time for price games. Since the actual profit margin on annuals here in SW Florida is pretty low to start out with I have a pretty good idea what my profit margin is to be made. I work to earn a profit, my customers already know that.
    easy-lift guy
  7. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

The same goes for much....gotta big condo community estimate and they want a line item for flowers per tray and much per bag and then hourly charge for extra labor
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

Old post, but I just got asked to install annuals for a bid also. How big of an area dos a flat cover. Petunias is what was asked for. Does any one have a formula per square feet? Is the norm to bid it a a per flat basis?