Do you guys ever do a one week Dis. ? or so much off?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FiNaL, Aug 4, 2003.

1. FiNaL

FiNaL LawnSite Member

I was wondering if any of you guys do a sale or Discount for a week or so to all your New Customers? Because i was wanting to do like a sale for mowing and trimming for 1 acre yards and under would that be a bad idea or good idea? and then like if they Stick with us i was going to offer a 5% or 10% discount off the normal Price of there weekly mowing and trimming for so long. Around here All the small time companies that have ads in the paper charge $15 and up as there starting price. So i was thinking for one week only charging like $15-$24 for a one week sale Price on Lawn Mowing and Trimming of 1 acre yards. What do you guys think? I'm just starting out so i am looking to get New Customers because i have done the whole flyer thing EVERY WHERE.

2. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

3rd or 5th cut free to NEW customers.

3. FiNaL

FiNaL LawnSite Member

Any one else offer a deal like that? more feed back would be helpful because i started at the end of June and i haven't had many calls and the one customer i do have said i have done a great job with mowing there lawn better than there last Lawn Care company and some of the the one time jobs i have had which would be 3 one for flowerbed cleanup and then another one for cuting some trees and getting rid of poison ivy off there house and the last customer i had was a Vacation mowing job. So that is why i was wondering what everyone thinks about a half price sale on lawn mowing and trimming or some kind of sale?

4. mrbenfer

mrbenfer LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

Something that has worked for me a bit is giving a free mowing job to those who refer you to a new weekly account.

the best advertisement is through word of mouth.

5. sprout

sprout LawnSite Member

NEVER!!!!!!!!

6. GeorgiaGrassMan

GeorgiaGrassMan LawnSite Member

You seem passionate about not giving a discount. Want to teach us something by telling us why you would never?

7. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

This is not something that I would recommend, however by looking at your website it doesn't look like you are giving much of a "discount" off of your regular price :rolleyes:

8. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Incentives to sign a contract is find and is good business.

Look at what the auto manufacturers are doing. They offer a discount on certain models.

Do certain gas stations not offer a discount on premium on a certain day of the week? Where I am they do.

Do carpet cleaners offer a free room when they do 3?

If that is what you need to do to build your business, by all means do it. If your not someone else is.

9. FiNaL

FiNaL LawnSite Member

Hey thanks Glan for the advice i never really seen discount offers talked about here before so thanks for the advice i think i will run some kind of late season discount and who knows i mite get a few customers and they may stick with me next year too
    P.s yesterday i posted this up and then today i replyed to it again to get it to the top because it was all the way on like the 4th page i guess that just shows how GReat lawnsite is.

10. GeorgiaGrassMan

GeorgiaGrassMan LawnSite Member

Jim Lewis posted something recently where he talked about the power of having the word "FREE" in your advertising. I think he is on to something, but I'm just trying to figure out what I can give away. I'm considering a 5th cut free promotion next spring. I like this idea since it would fall into the second month and be part of their second bill from me. This somewhat mitigates the possiblility of getting "used." I need to somehow make it clear that it is the 5th cut that is free - NOT every 5th cut!