do you guys get these!?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by EZTarget, Jun 1, 2004.

1. EZTarget

EZTarget LawnSite Senior Member

get a call from a homeowner wanting ground cover installed in an area that is on a slope in back yard. said he had killed the weeds but it keeps comin back so he wants to see about ground cover. it is somewhere in the ballpark of 15x45 and on a pretty good slope. not lookin for help on pricing but you can throw yours out there on it. already passed it on to someone else.

what a mess!

dscf0056.jpg

2. EZTarget

one more for you to see here

3. EZTarget

dangit

4. EZTarget

skrew me!

dscf0057.jpg

5. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

That looks fairly simple. I would say without seeing it, something around 400 bucks and a few hours would take care of that. I love that kind of work. It's different than the regular mowing, (mowing bores the crap outta me). I'd rather do something dynamix such as that. For some reason I love cleanups.

6. EZTarget

post, repost, yada yada....

dscf0060.jpg

7. EZTarget

wow. 400 to remove that and install ground cover? man i am way off. as i said i havent even thought of pricing this since i have a guy i hand these off to but i was thinkin 1k or so. that is a lot of crap to clean out. then grading it. then installing the ground cover.

i would be hesitant at my estimate. of course i aint got no help either.

8. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

Sweet looking retaining wall lol

9. EZTarget

really. funny thing is that it is retaining nothing! i didnt post the pic that shows that the dirt grades to the bottom of the rr ties. they just sit there doing nothing!

10. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

My concern is just putting down ground cover is gonna look like crap with that retaining wall (aka-other eyesore) I would replace the wall, or replace it.
    Without a new wall and leaving it in place...900.