Do you guys have any suggestions for my website?

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Jeds_Lawn_Care, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Jeds_Lawn_Care

Jeds_Lawn_Care LawnSite Senior Member

2. Inigo Montoya

Inigo Montoya LawnSite Member

That's a great website. I would recommend a few more pictures though. The green is a little over-powering too.

3. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Soory, can't get the server. What is .tk?

4. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

i like it, but agree it needs more pics. another thing - i would replace the @ with the word "at" in the opening paragraph. overall, nice job

5. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

Add a few pics of the lawns you cut. Make sure yopu show some stripes.

6. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Increase the font size, its soo small I can barely make out the words, and I don't need glasses.

Get rid of the Red max, snapper, shindawa logos...They will expect you to have pro-grade equipment and they never heard of Redmaxx

Make your phone # more prominent..they shouldn't have to search

Make your e-mail address more prominent and linked

The pics are fine though they appear to be all the same house...

7. Killswitch

Killswitch LawnSite Senior Member

Whos going to look at this website besides us, your girlfriend and your parents?

8. WebMan

WebMan LawnSite Member
    from D/FW TX

What is the dot-tk extension?...that should be a killer there if I don't know...
    The site doesn't say much, and mainly all your files are on somebody else's site like your home page text is on http://www.klardesign.com/clientjlls/
    That will KILL you in the search engines because it's all in frames (search engines don't like frames in the first place) but even worse the files being on another domain and just being displayed on your makes your web site look like a sub domain or bunch of files linked up from http://www.klardesign.com to a search engine.
    The file above should be like http://www.jedslawns.tk/home.html or similar.
    I hope you didn't pay these guys much or else they are friends giving you a great deal... and I'm not being mean, this just doesn't look good (visually it looks ok but why the little site with big green boxes on either side?) the dot-tk thing is bad enough but I've never seen a site pulling linked files from another site on a stand alone domain name before :confused:

9. Inigo Montoya

Inigo Montoya LawnSite Member

I am that "friend giving him a great deal". I am giving him some of my UNIX Apache server space free whilst I design him a professional site - along with a .com domain name.

10. Jeds_Lawn_Care

Jeds_Lawn_Care LawnSite Senior Member

This is a friend doing EVERYTHING for free.