Do you guys have any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Jeds_Lawn_Care, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

Ditto dump the clip art of the crappy mower and out of proportion tree...and what kind of website is .TK? I agree with TurfPro add a few services with the newly created space from dumping the clip art.

2. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with get rid of the clipart. I had that on my flyers when I was 14 lol. I prefer a main background image with a prominant logo and how to contact you. Heres an example:

[​IMG]

Cheers
    Jeff

3. Jeds_Lawn_Care

Jeds_Lawn_Care LawnSite Senior Member

You guys are probobly right I should've dumped the clip art. I'll get rid of the 1000 I got coming quickly (pass em' out to potential customers) and get some new ones w/out the cheesy clip art. I'll post a pic of one of the cards when I get em'. Thanks alot guys I really appriciate you're advice.

How much do you guys pay for your cards? These I got coming are $60.48 W/tax

4. Inigo Montoya

Inigo Montoya LawnSite Member

A good way to get rid of a 1000 cards is to load up to countertops of local gas stations and hardware stores. Barber shops, auto mechanics, anything that local people will go to. Most stores are glad to let you put your cards on their counters.

5. Waterscapes By Design

Waterscapes By Design LawnSite Member

montoya has a point, you got a 1000 cards at a decent price, leave those things everywhere , I also go into gas stations and leave a few at the counter and also on the stacks of 12-packs and cases of cokes they have towards the back, good place and a TON of people go there everday to get the cokes for their homes or whatever, they may have to move your cards cause they dont want to dump them on the floor and look like a jerk, and once it is in their hand its a good possibility they will put one in their pocket.....but get rid of those, they look very unprofessional. (no offense)

everyone on here has given the advice, and Xoopiter uses the same tactic as me with cards, I like a nice background pic with my info in the front, catches the eye in a pleasing way and doesnt look cheezy....

6. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Expensive. From a local printer I get 5000, full color, 2 sided cards for $120 CAD.

Cheers
    Jeff