Do you guys offer pressure washing as well?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by alpine692003, Jan 21, 2004.

1. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

Do some of you guys offer power washing with some of your services for lawncare / landscaping? I've been asked if I do power washing and I was like uhh..... I didnt know what to say, but now I'm beginning to think about getting a washer as well.

Any of you guys know of a dedicated www site for power washing such as this lawnsite.com is dedicated to lawncare/landscaping?

2. BB36

BB36 LawnSite Member

Yes I do as a add on. Its not all that profitable but its a decent extra.I wouldn't go out and buy a $2000-$5000 pressure washer , never recoup. the overhead . .Just my opinion .

3. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

A friend of mine looked into that business very seriously a few years back. From what I understand about it, you can make good money on it, but most of the work has to be done at night when there aren't any cars in the parking lot. If you're working as a landscaper during the day, and power washing parking lots at night, when will you sleep?

Later,
    DFW Area Landscaper

4. Kelly & Sons

Kelly & Sons LawnSite Member

I just started offering it about 3 months ago... My buddy does the work... I get him the jobs through my customers. I only take a cut off of what the job costs... for example, If I give the customer a price of $125, I pay him $100, and I keep $25... for a $200 job, I would keep $50... keep in mind that everything is his (pressure washer, chemicals, time, etc.) I am just making a cut off of it....

5. BB36

BB36 LawnSite Member

Sounds like your sub contracting the jobs. Works well when you have exrta work you can't do and a friend who needs the work.

6. Kelly & Sons

Exactly, and it makes me a little extra on the side, it's not money I depend on, just extra cash.... and ever since we did the first driveway, I have had jobs lined up... first it's their driveway, then it's their deck, then their pier (waterfront), then the upstairs balcony, then... well you get the picture... $$$

7. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I sub contract mine out to a retired guy that I met one day that does it for some extra cash. He really does a good job, and it has worked out for the both of us.

8. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

Ya, I wouldn't mind doing pressure washing as well..

Do you guys know of a www site dedicated to it?

Also, how do you get customers for pressure washing? Same thing as what we're doing right now with door hangers i presume.

9. Kelly & Sons

I just mention it to them, if their driveway looks like it needs it, then I will mention it to them the next time that we talk.... I have gotten 4 out of 4 jobs this week

10. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

My gradmother owned a duplex about five years back. Duplex was made of wood and wasnt sealed. Grandpa was a homebuilder and he built most of his homes out of scrap material. Anyways the guy that pressure washed the home before he sealed it charged $2000 and it took him about a day.