1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Do you guys...

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Matt Hermann, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Matt Hermann

Matt Hermann LawnSite Member

I've got a quick question...

When you go out to talk to a customer to see what they need done (whether it be mulch, grass or leaves) do you guys take a sheet of paper with you? or just write what they want done in your iPhone/phone? or just memorize it?

Matt

2. Williams-Landscaping

Williams-Landscaping LawnSite Member

I use a note book and i have a calculator if i need one it just seems un-professional to have your phone out when your talking to a client

3. kilgoja

kilgoja LawnSite Senior Member

i have a notebook thing sortof like a trapper-keeper that has everything in it i need for my business...i have like 4 composition notebooks in it i think, invoice/receipt books, and a small calendar where i write what yard needs to be done on what day.....i have a notebook for customer names/numbers/addresses, another one for mower maintenance records, another for expenses like buying mowers, blades, trimmer line, gas, etc. as well as writing down mileage i travel for work, and another for payments i've received from customers...usually i just remember what they want done though so i don't write it down..i suppose one day if i get alot of customers it will be useful to write things down so i don't forget or get confused lol..just pick up one of those compostion notebooks...they are less than a dollar...i do have an iphone but where would you type info like that in?...is it a certain app you use?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
  4. Green Feet Lawn

Green Feet Lawn LawnSite Member

I make notes in a notebook. Then I go back to the truck and copy it over to a nice form with letterhead in which I leave with them. When I get back, I add them to the computer.

5. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

i always carry a notebook and my measuring wheel.

putting together a portfolio of past work to let them look at while i take measurements and such.

6. Southern Elegance

Southern Elegance LawnSite Member

smart phone and take measurements usings i lawns

7. GunnPropertyServices

GunnPropertyServices LawnSite Senior Member

i use a pad of paper and a clip board, measure wheel in the truck if needed