Do you guys...

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Matt Hermann, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Matt Hermann

Matt Hermann LawnSite Member

I've got a quick question...

When you go out to talk to a customer to see what they need done (whether it be mulch, grass or leaves) do you guys take a sheet of paper with you? or just write what they want done in your iPhone/phone? or just memorize it?

Matt

2. Williams-Landscaping

Williams-Landscaping LawnSite Member

I use a note book and i have a calculator if i need one it just seems un-professional to have your phone out when your talking to a client

3. kilgoja

kilgoja LawnSite Senior Member

i have a notebook thing sortof like a trapper-keeper that has everything in it i need for my business...i have like 4 composition notebooks in it i think, invoice/receipt books, and a small calendar where i write what yard needs to be done on what day.....i have a notebook for customer names/numbers/addresses, another one for mower maintenance records, another for expenses like buying mowers, blades, trimmer line, gas, etc. as well as writing down mileage i travel for work, and another for payments i've received from customers...usually i just remember what they want done though so i don't write it down..i suppose one day if i get alot of customers it will be useful to write things down so i don't forget or get confused lol..just pick up one of those compostion notebooks...they are less than a dollar...i do have an iphone but where would you type info like that in?...is it a certain app you use?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
  4. Green Feet Lawn

Green Feet Lawn LawnSite Member

I make notes in a notebook. Then I go back to the truck and copy it over to a nice form with letterhead in which I leave with them. When I get back, I add them to the computer.

5. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

i always carry a notebook and my measuring wheel.

putting together a portfolio of past work to let them look at while i take measurements and such.

6. Southern Elegance

Southern Elegance LawnSite Member

smart phone and take measurements usings i lawns

7. GunnPropertyServices

GunnPropertyServices LawnSite Senior Member

i use a pad of paper and a clip board, measure wheel in the truck if needed