Do you have a certain brand of equipment you just stay away from and why?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Keith, Apr 23, 2003.

1. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

I stay clear of echo trimmers like listed above under 25cc's . Gravely mowers over 36" , Encore mowers, lesco mowers anything john deer. Some of the smaller Kohler engines (non electric start) . Basically if you didnt pay alot for it....you aint getting alot for your money. I found that out the hard way dont get me wrong the expensive stuff has its faults to but the cheapo stuff just dosent cut it unless you do lets say under 40 yards a week.

2. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I am OK with echo but, MORE satisfied with STIHL.

3. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I used Echo stuff daily from 1989 to 1997, I just kept buying the product because thats what they pushed :eek: I had no less than 11 2400 series trimmers and edgers, 5 or so 2100 series. These two, SRS2100 and SRS2400 are pretty much the only ones that go limited. Never owed a 25+ cc Echo.

Primer bulb 53 cents? :eek: Dealer just hit me up for $2.25...and that was with my 10% discount!

4. slowleak

slowleak LawnSite Member
    from 63055

what kind of problems have you had with gravelys over 36'? just curious since i now own a 60' gravely 260z and love it. i also used a bunton 60' for 2 yrs. at the property i worked. it was "my" mower. did all the maint. on it . had a few probs with it regarding hyd. deck. but was a great mower. only had 400 hrs on it when i left the company.

5. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Dixie Chopper, cuz I think they're so darn ugly.

JMHO

Don't mean to offent anybody, I'm sure they cut fine, I just think they're the ugliest mower in the world. :D

6. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

slowleak...they happen to have plastic bushings/washers on the models I have owned....I checked with the dealer and they dont even make METAL ONES!!!!the ones I have delt with looked pretty messy after only a few hundered hours and deteriorated farely quickly.

7. slowleak

slowleak LawnSite Member
    from 63055

thats a pretty strong statement .but you have obviously done lot's of research into this matter.:eek:

8. Arnold

Arnold LawnSite Member
    from Wyoming

John Deere Turf equipment they suck! Got an old 305 pull type and a 3235 fairway mower. The 305 was a pain in the a**, hard to work on, soft blades, and hard to back lap. The 3235, I don't know were to start got it used with 1000 hrs and first year it spent more time in the shop then on the course. The only good thing about the Deere turf stuff is its half the price of the other brands on the market. I made the mistake once and never again Jacobsen for me here on out!

9. gravedigger5

gravedigger5 LawnSite Senior Member

Not to bash anyone brand, but if its GREEN, it ain't RIPE yet. LOL
    Marc

10. Husker1982

Husker1982 LawnSite Senior Member

Good, give me your money and I will return it to you when it rippens. lol