1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Do you have a gate assist?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LouisianaLawnboy, Nov 1, 2009.

Gate lift assist.

1. Yes.

38 vote(s)
  2. No.

26 vote(s)
  3. No, but plan on getting one.

21 vote(s)
  1. LouisianaLawnboy

LouisianaLawnboy LawnSite Silver Member

Well, after seeing the advertisement for two editions of Turf. I finally upgraded my old trailer assist that came with the used trailer and I got the Double Barrel Assist from Rackem for 139.00 with free shipping.

It was easy to install and works much better than the old one. Definitely recommend.
  2. my gate assist consists of the guy riding in the passenger seat helping.
  3. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

Lifting the gate is my only exercise.
  4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I use twin GD springs and I lift from the middle. I have a wide heavy gate and I'm not getting any younger.
  5. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

When I get a new trailer I will put a gate assist on it. I don't have one now but the new trailer will definately have one on it (whenever I decide to upgrade my trailer).
  6. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

I have a set of gorilla lifts on my trailer. They make all the difference in the world.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

I actually have two systems on my new PJ trailer. The trailer came with spring assists on the hinges, and I added an EZ Gate. Now, it only requires perhaps 15 pounds of effort to lift.
  8. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Have not really even thought of getting it although I seen the ads too. Not sure that it is a expense that I could justify as making that much more effective than anyone else or make me that much more productive.
    Maybe later on the line when my back gives out more?
  9. Greenleaf Lawns

Greenleaf Lawns LawnSite Member

I also have the Gorilla Lifts, best $200 I have ever spent. Really nice by the end of a long day!
  10. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

The last stop of the day when your all packed up and have to pick the gate up is dreadful. I hated it. Life is much easier now with the Gorilla's on there. I never bend down to pick up the gate anymore, just a flick with my toes and it's in my hand. It's funny, a few of my friend's have went to pick the gate up at the center and when they go to pick it up about knock them self out with the gate it's so light. :)