Do you have a gate assist?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LouisianaLawnboy, Nov 1, 2009.

Gate lift assist.

1. Yes.

38 vote(s)
  2. No.

26 vote(s)
  3. No, but plan on getting one.

21 vote(s)
  1. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

Gorilla Lifts on the one at the shop. Second trailer there I installed them on. With a 5X7 tailgate, you need them. One finger/toe and it's up ready for pinning. Let the GLs be the :weightlifter:
  2. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the doube bareel one from rack'em as well. I have an exeptionally heavy gate and it make all the differance in the world.
  3. TMlawncare

TMlawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a EZ gate on my 18ft trailer and a Elegator on our Isuzu NPR. The NPR's gate is so heavy it takes 2 guys to lift or lower. Almost 300lbs. We have the dual Elegator's mounted and one person can now raise or lower the gate with little effort. Very nice, simple product. We are now going to use Elegator on all of our gates in the future. They do not use any space on the bed/trailer rails. Mounts only4" from the gate.
  4. jasonnau

jasonnau LawnSite Senior Member

I have gorilla lifts on mine too. Have it set so that i can put my toe under it and give it a flick. It rises up to my hand like magic. I took off one of the gate supports so that only the driver side support is left. Flick that up with my foot too, click in the lock and move on. It's like a landscapers michael jackson move every time we finish a lawn.
  5. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

I do the moon walk to the other side when it's time to lock the gate pins and give a HE,HE to boot! :D
  6. LouisianaLawnboy

LouisianaLawnboy LawnSite Silver Member

I would pay money to see that.:laugh::laugh::laugh:
  7. tjwalkingon

tjwalkingon LawnSite Member

Love mine! After I broke my leg this summer, it was going to be awhile before I could put that much pressure on it to lift the gate so I couldn't go out mowing by myself. Got a double barrel from Rack'em, problem solved.