Do you have any antique mowers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tinkerer, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Tinkerer

Tinkerer LawnSite Senior Member

Do you own any antique mowers? I just found out I have a caster frame for an old Reo (Wheel Horse) mower attachement for a 60s snowblower. I once owned an all steel 1962 Sears single stage snowblower and an old old Toro Whirlwind mower. Man that thing was heavy. I have an old reel type mower with a wooden handle. I think the name is Neptune.

2. riverwalklandscaping

riverwalklandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 50 year old reel push mower. Thing cuts great. I use it once in a while just for fun.

3. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

I wanna say my wife........ but I think I know better than to say that :rolleyes:

4. Quality Cuts PLS

Quality Cuts PLS LawnSite Member

I have an old 2 stroke Jacobson reel mower from 1943; bought it at a garage sale for 20 bucks.

5. General Landscaping

General Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I've got a IH Cub Cadet 149, not sure of age, but I think the last year of that model was '74
    Fabricated a 3 point to the hydraulic deck lift cylinder. Put a ball mount on the 3 point and I use it to move the 16' boat and pop up camper around the yard. When someone new comes in the back yard and sees where the boat and camper are; they just kinda scratch thier head trying to figure out how I got them into that spot.:confused:

Also have a small box blade for it. Super for small projects.